Save a life for $30

Two times since we have owned rental property, the carbon monoxide detectors have sounded their alarms. Both times were because of furnace problems. I wasn't prepared when the first one detected carbon monoxide and didn't know what to do for a few minutes. I called the fire department and they were friendly and helpful and shut down the furnace. It happened again this winter. The tenants called the fire department and they were friendly and helpful and shut the furnace off. I didn't know about it until the following day. In both cases the gas company would have been the best number to call. We keep two detectors in every unit and in our home just in case one unit would fail. They only last 3 to 4 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment